What’s up guys! Do you find yourself wavering between diets? Or even wavering between which diet to even begin with? Dieting can be very confusing but it doesn’t need to be.
In today’s get-it-now, quick-information, grab-and-go society, it’s hard to just start a diet because they all claim to work, AND THEY ALL DO (mostly)! But any diet you decide on needs to have the same focus and commitment as learning a new language. You cannot begin to learn French and then decide two weeks later that maybe Spanish will be better for you and then a month after think to yourself, maybe Japanese is the one, only to find yourself sticking to the comfort zone of your native tongue.
If you want results, you have to put in the time and energy to learn the ins and outs of ONE diet. Pick one, and commit to it for 3 months, minimum, BUT forgive yourself when you don’t hit the nail on the head 100% of the time (because even while learning a new language you might try to say “Good Job!” but instead mistakenly say “You’re Fat!” **true story). If that happens it doesn’t mean you’ve failed, it just means you now know what to avoid, and that’s a great thing because you are learning!
Dieting is all about learning and you have to commit to being a student of the diet in order to reach your goals. No dietary journey is perfect so don’t expect that. Instead, expect hardships, expect mistakes, expect your human nature to desire what you shouldn’t have, but don’t give up!
Try this challenge:
1) Pick a diet and learn the absolute basics of the diet.
2) Focus on breakfast only and make it fit within the diet’s guidelines for two weeks.
3) After two weeks of focusing on breakfast only, keep that momentum and start focusing on lunch for the next two weeks.
4) You’re a month in – Congratulations! Keep it up and now start focusing on dinner for a couple weeks.
5) You’ve made it 6 weeks! By now you have a solid foundation of what breakfast, lunch and dinner looks like within your chosen diet. Over the next 6 weeks continue experimenting and enjoying the fruits of your labor.